Monday, November 29, 2010

When words fail...

Few things satisfy me more than a long and strong embrace. Nights like tonight remind me just how powerful something so simple can be. The combination of built up anticipation to see such a great person and the feeling of wanting nothing more than to take away any pain and hurt definitely proved that sometimes words are unnecessary. I truly believe that nothing could have been said in that moment that would have come close to how either of us felt.

Not too long after this I stumbled upon some powerful and incredibly true words:

"Millions and millions of years would still not give me half enough time to describe that tiny instant of all eternity when you put your arms around me and I put mine around you."
- Jacques Prevert

Life is always throwing us curve balls and challenges but we weren't created to go through them on our own. We are blessed with families, friends, and even strangers that will drop their own routines and plans to give someone else a little more happiness. For that, I am thankful. Thankful that I have both given and received such love and comfort and that I cannot fathom the power of some of the most simple gestures.

Sometimes I just love that silent understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment