Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Change and Growth

“We grow neither better nor worse as we get old, but more like ourselves”

- May Lamberton Becker

Sometimes spending time with friends who have known you the longest reminds you of how much you've changed. Certain changes have happened together and some have occurred individually, making us sometimes feel as though we must merely relive the past when we reconnect.
Don't get me wrong, I adore reminiscing about the past and laughing about all of the good times but there are moments when I want to learn about the present and the future of those that I love. I want to talk one on one and continue to grow and change together instead of feeling like strangers.
I have never felt so comfortable in my own skin as I have in the past few months. As lost as I have been (and am) I still feel like I am finally finding myself and dare I say it, growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment